So What's Been Happening Recently? #12

  Day 2. 8th March.
         Today was just going to be a day for our monthly shop. But the wife convinced me to go for my test ride that I wanted to go on.
        I have been thinking about getting a new motorcycle. As much as I love Jennifer. She's my Kawasaki Versys 650 Grand Tourer. Named after She-Hulk Aka Jennifer Walters. Because she's a beast of a machine.


   
     The problem is she is just a bit too big for me. With my problems with my hips I needed a bike that is a little lower to climb on. So hence the test ride for my new steed.
     I had already phoned a place called Bacon's Motorcycles, in Ilford. They were the people I bought Jennifer from originally. They did a great job with helping me the first time round. So I would be a fool to not get their help again.





            So I rode down with the father-in-law, in his van and myself on Jen. I needed his help since I didn't know the area enough for a test ride route.  The reason I rode up separately was because I wanted to get Jennifer evaluated at the same time.
         I met up with a man named Les. Nice bloke. He took me through the process for the test ride and told me he will value Jen while I was away. Then he took me out to see my test bike, after filling out some paperwork.





 

        This is the Kawasaki Vulcan S 650. Exactly the same engine as my Versys, but in a style of a cruiser. This is the 2018 model in Pearl Lava Orange. I don't like the colour. But that doesn't matter for the test ride.
     As soon as I got on and moved off. It felt very much the same as Jen. Only difference being that I had to stretch my legs out to reach the foot controls instead of having my feet under me. My father-in -law noticed that I was a bit wobbly with that. Since a few times I forgot my footing and went straight down on the ground. All in all it was a nice ride. The bike is very light and turns nicely. I didn't feel awkward on the bike apart from the my bottom half.
      We stopped off at side road so everyone could have a decent look at the bike. I got the missus to check out the back seat so she would know how it would feel later on as a pillion passenger. She didn't like the fact that her back was exposed but I explained that there would be a backrest when I got mine. After everyone had a good look we continued our journey and ended up back at Bacon's.
      Meeting back up with Les. I brought my wife in to discuss any issues I had and continued with my evaluation. I was happily surprised as he gave me alot more than expected. Which would nearly cut the final price in half. Especially as I had asked for alot of accessories. We then went outside to check out a Vulcan S being finalised for another customer and then realise that I wanted that colour for my bike. My wife helped me alot. Making me realise some things I hadn't thought of. But I think she likes to help me spend my money.


         This is close to the finished product of what I am getting. There are a few things that will be added and taken away. The colour is Covert Green. I have put down a deposit and I'll have to wait a few weeks. So let me introduce you to Tiffany. Named after the Doll from the Bride Of Chucky.


It was my wifes Idea. She has picked the name for all my Motorcycles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Start

So What's Been Happening Recently? #16

The Book Report Episode #18 Tokyo Express By Seicho Matsumoto