So This Just Happened!

May 2018
     6th. Having fun at work. The night shift. A bank holiday, which means double bubble premium rate.
     Unloading a trailer that came in. It was loaded badly as the first few cages that came off, the contents flew out of all over the floor. The load was reported to the manager on duty in my area.
    After constantly going up and down to pick up and items and restacking them in to the cage, my left side from the hip down caved in on itself and I collapsed, grabbing hold on to a nearby cage before going all the way down. I thought I was okay, so I continued to move the cages to their destination. As I drove round I told a colleague what just happened. As I parked up in a lane I observed the colleague I told, I believe, what I had told him to a manager. I stopped in a lane drop off point and didn't feel so good. The manager came over and asked if I was okay and I really didn't. I felt woozy and my head wasn't at all clear. The manager convinced me to get a First Aider. Being one myself I knew there wasn't a lot they could do. But a second opinion always helps.
   When you are in this state of mind you don't want to be making any decisions. Me being stubborn I was convinced I was okay and that I would be okay to ride my motorbike home.
    The lady who helped me insisted I wasn't going to do that. I told the manager I was going to go home but needed some air, the first aider said to get a drink. So I dropped and left the rest of the cages where they were and slowly drove to the pod to park up. In that small period of time, travelling, I come over all emotional, twice. I don't know why, it was weird.
    I got outside the side door and the lady gave me a drink of water. Taking in the fresh air, I called the father in law for help with a lift home. He said he would come straight away. I continued to try and rest a little. I came over a little woozy and my legs were giving out again. I went back inside and sat down for a second.
    The manager came over to check on me one more time. I told him I have someone picking me up and the lady was going to walk me out. After grabbing my things I hobbled outside with the lady and waited for my ride.
     I lasted just over an hour and a half, at work, before going home.
    Getting home I rested and got some sleep. Today on the 7th there's no way I can work. I am still not steady on my legs. I am going to try and pick up my bike from work later today, with help from the father in laws friend. But for now I am just resting. There's not alot I can do except to continue to write and catch up with things as best as I can at home. SO MUCH FUN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Start

So What's Been Happening Recently? #16

The Book Report Episode #18 Tokyo Express By Seicho Matsumoto